Roast Organic Chicken Breast with Organic Fennel Chorizo , Green Bean, Rocket and Soured Cream Salad
- Preheat the oven to 200c/gas 6.
- Push your fingers under the skin of the organic chicken breasts to create a cavity between the breast meat and the skin.
- Push four or five slices of organic chorizo with fennel seeds into the cavity between the chicken breast and the skin and then pull the skin tightly back over to form an enclosed pillow.
- Brush the organic chicken breast s all over with the rapeseed oil and season with the sea salt and ground white pepper.
- Heat a cast iron frying pan to a medium heat.
- Place the chicken breasts skin side down in the frying pan, gently fry until the skin turns a light golden brown and turn the breast over so the skin side is now facing upwards.
- Place in the frying pan in the pre heated oven.
- Roast the chicken for one 15 – 18 minutes, occasionally basting with the juices from the frying pan.
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the organic green beans and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove the green beans from the boil water and place in ice cold water to refresh them for 3 minutes.
- Drain the cooked organic green beans in a colander and place on a tray lined with kitchen paper to remove any excess water.
- Once the chicken breasts are cooked transfer them to a large plate and leave to rest for 3- 4 minutes, as this helps retain the moisture.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half diagonally.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl add the cooked organic green beans and the soured cream and mix together, so they are all coated evenly.
Scatter the organic green beans coated in sour cream over a serving plate. Then add a layer of the washed wild rocket leaves and then place the sliced organic chicken breast in the middle. Spoon over any of the chicken and chorizo juices around the chicken breast.