Flourless Lemon Cake with Soft Strawberries
Makes 1 cake
Lemon Cake Ingredients:
250g Butter – softened
250g Caster sugar
250g Ground almonds
1 Teaspoon baking powder
3 Lemons – 3 zested and 1 juiced
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy on a mixing machine.
- Add the eggs one by one continually mixing.
- Mix in the polenta, ground almonds and baking powder
- Add the lemon zest and juice.
- Pour the mix into pre greased 22/23 cm spring loaded cake tin.
- Bake at 160c for 50 minutes until the cake has risen and is golden on the top.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before portioning.
Soft Strawberry Ingredients:
170g Strawberry jam
1 Punnet Strawberries – Hulled and quartered
- Place the jam in a thick bottomed sauce pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 3 minutes and add the quartered strawberries.
- Simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place in a tray to cool down.
“With the lemon cake and soft strawberries, I would serve a dollop of natural yoghurt as well.”